Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Case of the Stolen Bag

Man: "My bag was stolen. I left it on this chair when I went to pay for my drink and I came back and it was gone."
Barista: "Oh no, I'll call security."

3 security officers show up within minutes. The man begins questioning patrons and baristas to see if they saw anyone suspicious. He also tells the customers in line that his bag was stolen. Security apparently also called the police, who jumped on an excuse to come to a coffee shop because at least 2 cars showed up. Security tapes are pulled and checked. No one can figure out who took the bag. Police report filed.

Barista: "I'm so sorry your bag was stolen. Would a hot chocolate make you feel better?"
Man: "No thanks."

5 minutes later

Man: "So I started to get this nagging feeling, well a suspicion, that I didn't bring my bag up here. I went down to my car and sure enough there was my bag sitting on the backseat."

Wife: "We've been to so many Starbuckses (yes she said 'Starbuckses') It's hard to keep track of what we bring with us to each one."

You have got to be kidding me!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's like, super hard, like, to remember things. You know? Like, when we like get expensive coffees to go--I have to stop and like, ask myself, Like, did I bring a bag? And sometimes it makes more sense if I like say it out loud because then I can like hear myself talking. Know what I mean? It's like weird.

Like some people think I'm like crazy.

Anonymous said...

So the next time I come see you at work, I too will not bring a bag and claim it to be stolen.

I just want a free hot chocolate. Oh, wait. You'll give me a free hot chocolate anyway.

Nevermind then. : )